Plumbers don’t just fix broken pipes. Plumbers bring safe water for all. Unclean water is a huge threat to public health, especially in the wake of so much flooding in the New Port Richey, FL area.
However, whether the damage to your home’s infrastructure is due to an environmental disaster or an ordinary leak from a burst pipe, it is important that you get the problem fixed quickly by a reliable plumbing company.
Health Issues Due to Unclean Water
Leaks that are not fixed immediately can lead to all kinds of unpleasant symptoms, much like drinking contaminated water. However the following issues can be fixed by installing a water filter.
1. Eyes exposed to mold or mildew spores or protozoa can become itchy and red.
2. Allergens, bacteria, and viruses in unclean water can lead to asthma, frequent coughing, clogged ears, swollen sinus tissue and sore throats.
3. Skin that comes in contact with putrid water can develop infections, rash or hives.
4. Fatigue, fever and muscle pains can be the result if exposure to unclean water causes you to contract a virus.
These are symptoms often indicate exposure to the molds and bacteria that build up behind wet walls and beneath floorboards. The symptoms you are experiencing are your body’s natural inflammatory reaction to fighting off the allergens or pathogens that often develop in dank, still water.
How Plumbers Help Keep Your Home Safe
Unexpected plumbing problems are not just an inconvenience; they can create all kinds of problems that can affect your home. For instance :
1. Pipes that leak moisture create the perfect environment for mold and fungus to grow, causing all kinds of symptoms.
2. Leaking pipes can cause your walls to start sweating due to condensation, which means that they can become damp or collapse.
3. Leaking pipes beneath your floor can warp the floor or make it slippery, making it easier to slide trip or fall.
4. Water leaks that build up behind walls can become so severe that water leaks into the groundwater around your home and destabilizes your foundation, creating flooding in your basement and possible sinkhole. This is a problem that should be taken very seriously as it can also affect the local road or your neighbor’s home.
5. Leaking pipes can also cause an accidental electrocution or fire if the dripping water comes into contact with wires, a switch or an outlet.
Note that if you spot black mold in your home, that you are not to touch it or remove it yourself because it is very toxic. Instead, you should call in an expert team to help you get rid of it.
How Can We Aid Plumbers By Practicing Proper Water Conservation?
There are several ways that you can help plumbers through the practice of water conservation. This includes:
1. Replacing your showerhead with a low-flow model that is water-efficient.
2. Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth or conditioning your hair.
3. Only use your dishwasher or washing machine if you have a full load.
4. Stop watering your garden and let Mother Nature take its course, or use water that is recycled from rain barrels.
5. Fix leaks right away to save yourself time and money and help avoid emergency calls to your plumber in the middle of the night!
Remember, the less water that you use, the less in danger you are of causing a flood or exposing yourself to black mold.